Greetings Valued Barkley Village Family Dentistry Patients:
We have missed you! We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. We are excited to announce that effective May 19, 2020 our offices will be reopening for what the State of Washington has deemed Elective Services. What does this mean for our patients? It means that we will now be able to move forward with our patients care, such as cleanings, exams and basic procedures that we have had to delay due to the Stay at Home orders put in place due to COVID-19. Our community has been through a lot in the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to getting back into a more normal routine. We would like to update you on some of the new office protocols that we have adopted to keep you and our staff safe while continuing to provide you with the care that you need.
Here are some of the changes you can expect when you come see us for your next appointment:
- Our office will be communicating with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. You will be asked the same questions on the day of your appointment and your temperature will be taken when you arrive at the office.
- We ask that you wear a mask or other face covering to your appointment.
- We ask that you come alone if possible. If you do come with someone, we ask that the person waits outside the office after they have helped check you in. We can all them when you are finished.
- Our waiting room will no longer have magazines, toys or a coffee machine as these items are difficult to clean.
- We have ordered a new air filtration system that will clean the air in our facility every 10 minutes.
- We will be staggering appointments to limit the number of patients in our waiting room to allow for appropriate social distancing. Once you have checked in for your appointment, we may ask you to wait outside the office or in your car until we are ready to bring you back to the treatment room. We will text you when we are ready.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at our reception desk, there will be tape on the ground to help enforce social distancing while checking in and hand sanitizer will be available for you to use before and after your appointment.
- As always, rigorous infection control has always been a top priority at BVFD. Our office follows all current infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Due to additional PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and infection protocol requirements there may be an added fee on your statement
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient safe. We will be calling all patients who missed appointments while we were closed, to reschedule. Please watch our Facebook page for updates on our office.
Did you lose your job or insurance due to Covid-19? Has your insurance changed? We welcome your questions and are here to assist you. We now have new flexible financial options.
Thank you for all you are doing to keep yourself healthy and strong through this. We are all in this together!
Dr. Swanson, Dr. Rogers and Barkley Village Family Dentistry